Materials such as ceramic and quartz are increasingly being seen in the kitchen and bathroom. We discuss the advantages of ceramic worktop use.
When you are looking for a new kitchen worktop or bathroom countertop, it needs to be hard wearing as well as stylish. Taking up a large expanse of kitchen and bathroom space, and always on show, the worktop or countertop needs to be kept blemish-free at all time. The surface chosen for the kitchen and bathroom needs to be water-proof, but also hardwearing enough to withstand day-to-day wear and tear, from spillages and minor scratches.
The benefits of choosing ceramic worktop for the kitchen and bathroom include:
- Totally impermeable – Ceramic is extremely hard-wearing and durable enough to withstand the most vigorous of daily wear and tear that comes with modern living. Resistant to mildew, and thus to mould and bacteria, porcelainRemo offers a hygienic solution for moist and humid surroundings such as the kitchen and bathroom. Water won’t cause any damage to the material and can be easily wiped clean away.
- Great resistance – Scratch and stain resistant, porcelain (a high-quality ceramic) is ideal for the kitchen and bathroom. Food can be prepared directly on the surface if required (although a matching chopping board is a recommended accessory) and spillages – even from chemicals such as bleach – can be simply wiped away with no damage done.
- Easy to care for – Installing ceramic is a simple process, and maintaining the material is simply a case of wiping clean with a damp cloth and some mild detergent. Unlike natural materials such as granite and marble, porcelain won’t need to be resealed either, making this a low-maintenance and cost-effective option. There is no need for harsh and abrasive chemicals or for a huge amount of elbow grease to keep your ceramic worktop or countertop looking as good as new. A clean, soft cloth and normal kitchen or bathroom cleaner will be more than enough.
- A versatile solution – ceramic and quartz worktops are available in a wide variety of colours and a choice of finishes, with something suitable for any situation. Choose from the latest trends, a marble-effect design or a colour and finish that contrasts with your choice of furniture – the options are endless with quartz and porcelain.
- Not just for worktops – available in a 6mm thickness, porcelain is ideal for splash backs, indoor and outdoor wall cladding and can be used for flooring too. Thanks to its low water absorption rate of less than 0.2% porcelain is resistant to frost and ice and as it is UV resistant the colour of the surface won’t fade over time even when in contact with direct sunlight.
Ceralsio is designed for living, made for life. Our entire collection is suitable for kitchen and bathroom countertops, flooring and wall cladding in interior and exterior applications.
Explore The Collection Brochure for design inspiration and specifications.Request Brochure Request a Sample